Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Humless: The Power to Comfort

Recently, we received a message on our Facebook page about how the Humless Sentinel had been very useful to a customer whose son uses a CPAP machine.


She wrote...
I got my Sentinel in November and I have already had to pull it out and use it twice this week. My son has a CPAP and it was a great comfort for him to be able to go to bed and have his CPAP ready to be used with the Sentinel right by his bed. He even woke up yesterday with the power out and was able to plug his cpap in without getting out of his bed. By the way my son is a paraplegic and confined to a wheelchair.

We wrote back to Rhona to find out more information, and she wrote the following touching story back.



"This is Rhona Boutwell. I am the one that posted the bit on facebook about my son and him using his Humless. I would like to share with you the story about my son, Johnny.

"Johnny is a 16 yr old that is a paraplegic due to an overdose by a nurse when he was 2 days old.


"Johnny had a tracheostomy tube till he was six due to the injury that he received . Since getting his trach out he was not needing any type of ventilation until this last year it was discovered that he has severe sleep apnea.  After finding out about the sleep apnea I was also informed that his condition is still critical even with a CPAP he could still meet an early demise.  With that being said the importance of him having his CPAP when he sleeps is all that more important. I was trying to find out what I could do to ensure that he would have his CPAP available to use even if we were faced with a major catastrophe or even a temporary power outage. 

"In the fall of 2011 I attended the Self-Reliance Expo in Salt Lake City, Utah and that is where I met [Humless]. 
I was so impressed with the idea that I could have this power source that could be kept right by his bed and I didn’t have to worry about hazardous fumes from using a gas powered generator so In November I got my son a Humless

"In January 2012 we had 2 power outages that lasted for about 5 hours each and both of them occurred late at night, with the Humless [Sentinel] right next to his bed he was able to disconnect his CPAP and plug it into his Humless and not even have to get out of his bed. 

"Thanks for this product and for the assurance that it has given my son that he will have his equipment necessary for his life."


Watch the HOW IT WORKS video!



Visit Humless.com for more product information and pricing, or to talk to a customer service representative call 1-800-313-4709.

No comments:

Post a Comment